The Foundation for the Promotion of Human Development and Health - PRO.SA NGO was incorporated on 15 November 2001 from the will of the Camillian missions of the Lombardo-Venetian province, to give better continuity to the work of the Camillian missions that are lasting more than fifty years and spreading across five continents.
The Foundation PRO.SA NGO:
- carries out projects in the short and medium term in Developing Countries
- promotes initiatives aimed at supporting the local training of citizens of developing countries: teachers for new set up schools in depressed areas of poor countries, nurses for health care facilities, experts for involving in the preventional programs
- manages educational programs, education and development for children living at the margins of society
- supports programs of care and medical assistance in hospitals and clinics that sprunged up in the poorest areas and in shelters for abandoned AIDS patients and misfits
- helps initiatives to promote the involvement of volunteers and staff be allocated to the International Development Cooperation
- in the case of humanitarian emergencies, the Foundation, in partnership with other organizations, supports integrated programs that aim at the link between emergency, rehabilitation and development